"Students Learn in a Division That Learns"
|We are pleased to provide learning opportunities to all members of the PWCS Division.
Please review the calendar on the right side of the page as well as the links directly below for upcoming sessions of interest.
When you find a professional learning opportunity that interests you, click on the electronic catalog to enroll.
Deadline to Submit Proposals is December 19, 2014
Call for Proposals: The Eighth Annual Student Leadership Conference
The eighth annual Student Leadership Conference entitled, "Igniting the Spark, Focusing the Flame" will be held Monday, March 9, 2015, at the Hylton Performing Arts Center, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. The Student Leadership Conference is expected to draw 1,500 high school and eighth grade middle school students, and will give them the opportunity to build their leadership skills.
The conference is designed to inspire students to continue seeking out and accepting leadership responsibilities as part of their contribution to society; to increase awareness of current and emerging leadership challenges in a variety of settings; and to develop a network of students in Prince William County Public Schools with leadership potential.
We are now accepting workshop proposals.
Please submit your proposal to Maria Burgos-Singleton
Supervisor, Global Learning and Culturally Responsive Instruction
at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, December 19, 2014.
January 13, 2015
This course is open to all Elementary teachers and will provide "just in time" information throughout the school year. Registrants may attend individual sessions or all sessions.
- Session three will occur on January 13, 2015 from 4:30-6:30pm at Rosa Parks Elementary School. Participants will share mid-year successes and concerns, and will provide guidance about student evaluation and assessment, SOL exams, and other relevant topics. Registrants will help shape the session by submitting their topic requests to the instructor.
- On April 6, 2015, we will offer the final session of the school year. We will meet from 1:00-3:30pm to wrap up the year, while looking towards the following school year.
Register by January 30, 2015
- Over 40 online courses designed for busy K–12 educators are available every semester.
- Licensure courses ($633.00 per course) for teachers with provisional licenses meet the Virginia DOE requirements for previously licensed teachers.
- Recertification courses ($363.00 per course) are designed for fully licensed VA teachers.