1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
"Students Learn in a Division That Learns"
We are pleased to provide learning opportunities to all members of the PWCS Division. Please review the calendar on the right side of the page as well as the links directly below for upcoming courses. When you find a professional learning opportunity that interests you, click on the electronic catalog to find out details and to enroll.
You are invited to join PWCS in partnership with the PWC Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta, Inc. for a free screening of "American Promise." The screening will take place at Gar-Field High School, 16000 Smoketown Road, Woodbridge, VA 22192 from 6 - 9pm.
For more information, please contact Maria Burgos-Singleton, Supervisor for Global Learning and Culturally Responsive Instruction at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view the flyer.
OPD 222: The First Year in the Elementary Classroom
This course is open to all Elementary teachers and will provide "just in time" information throughout the school year. Registrants may attend individual sessions or all sessions.
- Session #1 took place in August.
- The second session will take place on October 6 from 4:30-6:30pm. We will expand on information about starting the school year successfully, including organization and management tips. In addition, experienced PWCS educators will share suggestions for completing interims and report cards, as well as implementing successful conferences.
- Session three, which will occur on January 13, 2015 from 4:30-6:30pm, will highlight mid-year concerns, including student evaluation and assessment, SOL exams, and other relevant topics. Registrants will help shape the session by submitting their topic requests to the instructor.
- For questions or suggestions about this session, please contact Dr. Amie Weinberg, in the Office of Professional Learning, at email@example.com or at 703-791-7562.
- If you are new to the Division and are unable to access the Online Professional Learning Catalog, simply email Dr. Weinberg to register.