"Students Learn in a Division That Learns"
We are pleased to provide learning opportunities to all members of the PWCS Division. Please review the calendar on the right side of the page as well as the links directly below for upcoming courses. When you find a professional learning opportunity that interests you, click on the electronic catalog to find out details and to enroll.
- OPD 222: The First Year in the Elementary Classroom
This course is open to all Elementary teachers and will provide "just in time" information throughout the school year. Registrants may attend individual sessions or all sessions.
- The second session, on October 6 from 4:30-6:30pm, will expand on information about starting the school year successfully, including organization and management tips. In addition, experienced PWCS educators will share suggestions for completing interims and report cards, as well as implementing successful conferences.
- Session three, which will occur on January 13 from 4:30-6:30pm, highlights mid-year concerns, including student evaluation and asessment, SOL exams, and other relevant topics. Registrants will help shape the session by submitting their topic request to the instructor.
- For questions or suggestions about this session, please contact Dr. Amie Weinberg, in the Office of Professional Learning, at email@example.com or at 703-791-7562.
- If you are new to the Division and are unable to access the Online Professional Learning Catalog, simply email Dr. Weinberg to register.