9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
"Students Learn in a Division That Learns"
We are pleased to provide learning opportunities to all members of the PWCS Division. Please review the calendar on the right side of the page for upcoming courses. When you find a professional learning opportunity that interests you, click on the electronic catalog to find out details and to enroll.
Prepare for the PRAXIS ParaPro AssessmentDennis Benjamin, a former staff member in the Office of Professional Learning and current ROPer, will provide assistance in understanding the PRAXIS test blueprint. Sessions will focus on developing a study plan, as well as math, writing, reading, and application in the classroom. These two-hour sessions will be held from 5–7pm in Building 8 at the Independent Hill Complex, 14800 Joplin Road, Manassas, VA, on the following Tuesdays: April 22, April 29, May 6, May 13, May 20, May 27, and June 3.
If you are interested, please register for OPD 711.1 in the online Professional Learning catalog. For questions, please email Rose LaRocca at email@example.com.
- Our proud tradition of celebrating each new school year as a TEAM OF LEADERS continues!
- We will welcome every Leadership Team in the Division at the Excellence and Equity in Education Conference on Thursday, August 14, from 8:15 a.m.–12:30p.m., at C.D. Hylton High School.
- The Excellence and Equity in Education (EEE) Steering Committee is seeking presentations for breakout sessions for this year’s conference. Presenting at the conference is your opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement of PWCS.
- For more information about the conference, including presenting at the conference, click here.
- To submit a proposal, go to this link.
- The PWCS Mentor Institute is a mandatory part of the Division's mentor training program. The full PWCS Mentor Institute consists of a face-to-face component and an online component. Both portions must be completed in order to receive credit for the training. When you sign up for the face-to-face component, you will be contacted by one of the Mentor Program Specialists about the online course requirements. Register for OPD 824 in the online catalog.